ELECTRO TECHNICAL OFFICER
Duration :: 6 Months
Commencing on : JAN & JULY ONLY
The course will be fully residential as per D. G. Shipping norms requiring all the trainees to stay in-house. The curriculum has been designed to impart integrated and comprehensive training as per the Standards of International Maritime Organization (IMO) and D. G. Shipping, Government of India.
This course is targeted at fresh entrants to the merchant navy with a of Engineering to increase their knowledge level and ease their familiarization with Marine Electrical equipments. The traditional Electrical Officers role has been integrated with modern day requirement in Electronics, Computerization, Control engineering and automation. The duties of an Electrical Officer has to operate, maintain and control all the electrical control, Instrumentation and automation systems in close working relationship with the Marine Engine Officers. The Electrical Officer is directly responsible for:
- The maintenance of the vessel’s electrical and electronic equipment.
- The adoption of safe working practices on board.
- UMS test schedules, alarm tests etc.
- Assistance during maintenance as required during electrical equipment maintenance.
- First level maintenance of communications, radio and navigation equipment.
The thrust areas of this course are:
STCW'95 BASIC SAFETY COURSES
- The Electrical Officer will be trained on trainers in Electrical lab, which are ship specific in usage and can be used as a tool to test/enhance skills.
- The course will include familiarization with Bridge and Engine Room and Communication equipment – equal weight age being given to equipments familiarization- theory and practical operational/ maintenance knowledge.
- The candidate will have first hand exposure to complete Bridge Control systems and UMS ships, including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Candidate’s ability to work independently and conform to ship board requirements will be emphasized by using Human resources techniques and by experienced Electrical Officers and Chief engineers.
The following STCW'95 modular course will be covered in the Pre-Sea Training course of Deck Cadet / Engine Cadet / Electro Technical Officer/ GP Rating / Saloon Rating.
- Elementary First Aid
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Fire Prevention And Fire Fighting