Decocare White Cement Based Putty is water resistant white cement based putty, which can be used on concrete/mortar walls (internal and external) and ceilings. Being water-resistant it provides a protective base to your expensive paints. “Decocare Putty” has more adhesive strength providing surface. It can even be applied on freshly plastered wall thus resulting in savings of time and cost. During repainting, the surface done with “Decocare putty” requires minimum scrubbing thus eliminating the mess of dust, which is a health hazard especially for asthmatic patients. It fills the fine pores of the walls and ceilings and provides a white, smooth and dry surface for painting. “Decocare Putty” can be applied even on moist surfaces (Internal/External). “Decocare Putty” though white cement based, dose not require water curing.
Significant features of “Decocare Putty”
- Being a cementitious material it has better adhesiveness and durability
- It dose not require any curing after application
- It helps surface to resist from Ultra-violet rays
- “Decocare Putty” is water resistant and can be applied on moist surfaces
- It gives a smooth and glossy finish surfaces, which effectively reduces the consumption of Paints
- It accepts any kind of paint or distemper application on it
- It can be applied on both interior and exterior surfaces
- “Decocare Putty” can be applied on used surface after proper preparation
- “Decocare Putty” prevents the growth of algae and fungi on walls
- It is in dry powder form and does not produce any kind of unpleasant smell at the time of application
- Surface Preparation: Remove all loosely adhering material from the wall surface with the help of sand paper, putty blade or wire brush. The substrate should be clean, free from dust, grease and loose materials. Moisten the waoo with sufficient quantity of clean water before applying “Decocare Putty”.
- Pre-wetting of the Substrate: It is very important and essential that the surface is aptly wet before the application of “Decocare Putty”. This ensures easy workability, higher coverage and higher bonding strength with the surface.
- Mixing of “Decocare Putty”: Mix “Decocare Putty” with 30-35 % clean water slowly to make a paste. It is very important that water be added to the putty to make a mix and not vice versa. Continue the mixing for 10-15 minutes till a uniform paste is formed. It is very important that the mixing of “Decocare Putty” should be done throughout. This will help in easy application, obtaining more coverage and smooth uniform shade. Only prepare a quantity which can be used within 2-3 hours of mixing with water.